Funded by both the Federal and NSW Governments, the Bridge over Richmond River at Broadwater is a part of the $4.6 billion Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway Upgrade.
Lendlease was engaged to design and build this bridge featuring more than 200 precast concrete components between headstocks and concrete bridge girders.
The main goals for this project are to reduce travel time, improve road safety, and increase transport efficiency.
For further information on this project, please visit the Roads and Maritime Services website:
Hawthorne Civil Component
Hawthorne Civil crews worked on the following FRP works:
- Setting scuppers
- Setting up deck screed rail
- Form and pouring of abutment
- Installation of diaphragms
- Place and grout of bearing pads
- Works on the marine section including pier and headstock construction, tying of reinforcement steel and pouring of concrete
We maintained a high level of safety and environmental awareness with zero MTIs or LTIs.